We want to leave no room for doubt that we stand with the Black community. Silence is complicity. Our platform gives us a voice denied to so many. Therefore, here is our pledge to our friends in the Black community:
1. We will speak up against acts and words of racism and hold individuals and institutions accountable for their actions.
2. We will do the work within ourselves so that we can put a stop to the institutional racism that is all-pervasive.
3. We will listen more and talk less when you teach us.
4. We will employ you, collaborate with you and help you tell your stories with the dignity and respect deserved.
5. We will not allow fear and systemic racism to guide our decisions.
We are using this time to investigate our own culpability and create actionable steps in the fight for change, beyond just pledges.
Support us as we create a path forward, for our theater to be an equitable, just and inclusive space.
We stand with you,
Kathleen, Jay, Clara, Ayesha, Jeff, Evan