We want to leave no room for doubt that we stand with all marginalized and under-represented communities. Silence is complicity. Our platform gives us a voice denied to so many. Therefore, here is our pledge to our friends in the BIPOC and LGBTQ communities, as well as Persons with Disabilities*.
1. We will speak up against acts and words of hate and hold individuals and institutions accountable for their actions.
2. We will do the work within ourselves so that we can put a stop to the institutional bias that is all-pervasive.
3. We will listen more and talk less when you teach us.
4. We will employ you, collaborate with you and help you tell your stories with the dignity and respect deserved.
5. We will not allow fear and systemic bias to guide our decisions.
We have been working hard to examine our own culpability and creating actionable steps in the fight for change, beyond just pledges.
We invite our community to join us as we create a path forward for our theater to be an equitable, just and inclusive space.
Kathleen, Jay, Clara, Ayesha, Jeff, Evan