We’re always looking for talented, professional performers to help us produce adventurous theatre. We work with both Equity and non-Equity actors, and we cast locally, as well as around the country. If you’re interested in performing on our stage, stay tuned to this page for audition opportunities.
Freud's Last Session by Mark St. Germain
- One older male - Sigmund Freud, age 83, an Austrian Neurologist, now known as the father of psychoanalysis
- One middle-aged male - C.S. Lewis, age 40, a novelist, poet, essayist, lay theologian, broadcaster, lecturer, and Christian apologist, held academic positions at Oxford and Cambridge
ABOUT THE PLAY
Just weeks before he will take his own life, legendary psychoanalyst Dr. Sigmund Freud invites the young, rising Oxford Don C.S. Lewis to his home in London. On the day England enters World War Two, Freud and Lewis clash about love, sex, the existence of God, and the meaning of life. Freud's Last Session is a deeply touching play filled with humor and exploring the minds, hearts, and souls of two brilliant men addressing the greatest questions of all time.
"It's a sharp, lively discourse, and audience members searching for engaging debate will be pleased... Mark St. Germain's script is astute, and the humor is plentiful." - The New York Times
Are you a theatre professional interested in working with us? We want to meet you! We accept applications from directors, designers, technicians, and other professionals year-round.
Amphibian welcomes script submissions from March 1 through June 30 of each year.
Scripts should fit the following criteria:
- small cast (5 or fewer)
- author is a member of the Dramatists Guild
- only one script per author per year
To submit a script:
- Send a hard copy of the first 20 pages of the script, along with a title page, character breakdown, production history (if any) and a playwright bio.
- Script pages should be numbered.
- Electronic submissions will not be accepted in the preliminary round.
Mail to:Amphibian Stage Productions
Attn: Literary Department
120 South Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104
What to expect:
- All submissions will be read by a minimum of two readers.
- All submissions will receive a response no later than October 1 of the year it was submitted.
- Please do not follow up before October 1.
We have internship opportunities available during the fall and spring semesters and during the summer. For more information email Linsey at email@example.com.
We couldn’t do what we do without the help of our dedicated volunteers. We are always looking for extra help around the theater whether it’s wrapping cookies, sending mailings, or working front of house at showtime, we need you! For more information email Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not currently have any open positions. Please check back periodically.