We’re always looking for talented, professional performers to help us produce adventurous theatre. We work with both Equity and non-Equity actors, and we cast locally, as well as around the country. If you’re interested in performing on our stage, stay tuned to this page for audition opportunities.
Are you a theatre professional interested in working with us? We want to meet you! We accept applications from directors, designers, technicians, and other professionals year-round. To submit your interest in working with us email Linsey at email@example.com.
Amphibian welcomes script submissions from March 1 through June 30 of each year.
Scripts should fit the following criteria:
- small cast (5 or fewer)
- author is a member of the Dramatists Guild
- only one script per author per year
To submit a script:
- Send a hard copy of the first 20 pages of the script, along with a title page, character breakdown, production history (if any) and a playwright bio.
- Script pages should be numbered.
- Electronic submissions will not be accepted in the preliminary round.
Mail to:Amphibian Stage Productions
Attn: Literary Department
120 South Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104
What to expect:
- All submissions will be read by a minimum of two readers.
- All submissions will receive a response no later than October 1 of the year it was submitted.
- Please do not follow up before October 1.
We have internship opportunities available during the fall and spring semesters and during the summer. For more information email Linsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We couldn’t do what we do without the help of our dedicated volunteers. We are always looking for extra help around the theater whether it’s wrapping cookies, sending mailings, or working front of house at showtime, we need you! For more information email Scott at email@example.com.
Amphibian is currently accepting applications of qualified persons for the position of Technical Director. This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate production staff
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Associate Producer, create the company's production calendar to plan regular season and additional programming
- Create and manage the schedule of the scene shop, black box theater, and lobby with regards to production and programming needs and the needs of venue rentals
- Coordinate the schedules of production staff to find the best balance of each department's time in the black box space during production and rental load-in, performance, and strike
- Manage production spending in scenic, costume, props, lighting, and sound departments
- Work with directors and scenic designers on creating a budget conscious design
- Possess the ability to create technical drawings in CAD software
- Create build plans for carpenters, and act as master carpenter on the build of all productions
- Communicate with producers, director, scenic designer, scenic painter, and carpenters to achieve an efficient and precise execution of the scenic design of each production
- Maintain the working condition of all production equipment (projectors, lighting, sound, tools, etc.) and replace as needed
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the scene shop, black box theater, lighting booth, and all equipment storage
- Possess a working knowledge of lighting equipment: how to hang, cable, focus and patch a lighting plot
- Possess a working knowledge of sound equipment: how to hang, cable, and patch into board
- Possess a working knowledge of all production equipment and be able to demonstrate their functionality to other staff, renters, or production personnel
- Manage requests for venue rentals and set appointments to give tours to prospective renters
- Manage and execute all technical and space preparations for venue rentals and schedule staff to be on-site for the events
- Attend to the repairs of the building and its facility systems (ex. roofing, air conditioning, water heater, pest control, etc.) and hire professionals for repairs when necessary
Desired skills and duties include:
- Punctuality and excellent time management
- Collaborative, courteous and professional attitude
- Driver's license and reliable transportation
- Proven ability to work within budget constraints
To apply please send a resume and contact information for three professional references to Linsey Retcofsky at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The deadline to apply is February 29, 2016.